Saturday, January 28, 2012

everyday laughter

This last week has been awesome... I've watched P try hard to do well with us, and take steps towards connecting with us. On Monday, he found out that I'd noticed some patterns in his behavior, and seemed surprised that I hadn't pushed him. That night, he started making steps towards me and connecting with me. I've treasured each step, and hope has blossomed this week. Wed's wreck brought another boost between us... I'm amazed at God's goodness to use difficult things to be agents of His goodness. P has been much more interested and willing to do stuff with me, we've had a lot of laughter and he has sought to be with me much more. I'd trade a concussion for a week of connecting with my son any day - although I AM hoping to not do this on a regular basis. lol
Today he asked to get his allowance and some other money he had converted into all ones, he was surprised that I'd do it... but he had SO much fun stacking and counting and playing with his money. He said, "you really got that many ones for me?" "Sure, I knew it wouldn't hurt anything, and it seemed like a fun thing for you." "Wow, mom" then we continued to talk about how it's hard to believe at times that we've only known each other for two months... "I explained, that it seems that he's always been a part of our life" and he added,"yeah, it seems like five years or something", watching to see what I'd say. We continued on, and both concluded that we're so glad we're here. In the moments of silence that followed, I paused to just be thankful that he's growing into our family, and we're all growing to truly be a forever family. I feel like we're coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment